Saturday, November 14, 2009

Remix culture today pt.1

When I was a kid new records came out every week. I still remember when I bought that OGC album.



Thing is when a new record comes out every week, they all get equal chance to shine and an equal shot at my allowance.
But now records come out in clumps...every one wants to release their record on Sept 11th or some other significant date. No one wants to release their record on some random winter weekend.

So what do we do? Do we sit around waiting for the new 50 Cent album that we know isn't going to be as good as his last mixtape because he has to go for radio play?

I know what I did...I started to surf the net looking for the best remixes I could find.
The words mashup/ cutup/and remix replaced words like 12" single in my vocabulary.
Remix culture has been around for longer than a lot of people even realize, and we will be covering this in a series of posts titled "Remix culture ..." you get the point.

Lets just start this series by introducing you to the "coolest" thing since The Grey Album



Of course what I am talking about is the Black Keys teaming up with alot of Hiphop's best on this new Blackroc.



Everyone already knows about it, but I got to admit...as smug as I might act....I'm actually excited about this one.
This genre bending record might just be the shot in the arm my Hiphop collection needs...

One Love.

No comments:

cloaked counter