Wednesday, December 23, 2009

The Best of "the Best of"s

So the end of the year is approaching. Which means half of the internet is trying to name "the best" whatever of the year. TO make it doubly worse it is the end of the Decade (depending on when you started counting).
So this year there are twice as many lame lists to work through. SO I thought I would go through and pick the best "Best Of Lists" of 2009, instead of actually writing one of my own ;P

SO where to start?




Time Magazine is calling the 00's the decade from Hell...really? I didn't think it was that bad, or maybe really am an optimist? well at least we had good films and music.My favorite Best of Film list is at Digital Dreamdoor . Your favorite film of the decade is probably in the top 100 list if not it probably made the honorable mention. Either way it is a list of movies worth watching for the most part which makes it a good list to check out, though I have to admit I would have given them more props if I saw Ong Bak on that list. (Here is some behind the scenes footage of Tony Jaa



NME's "THE TOP 100 GREATEST ALBUMS OF THE DECADE" list definitely has some huge holes in it. And they loose points for having two White Stripes albums in there (side by side?), I don't remember seeing Gnarls Barkley in that list or The Black Keys (maybe they were in there and I just missed it). But that was still better than the blog that listed every TV on the Radio album...that's either just blatant pandering or laziness especially when you just group all of their albums together. Honestly there was not enough Hiphop in these lists. These days kids listen to EVERYTHING not just "Indie" rock but Hiphop Dance etc....
Anyway here is a taste of Gnarls Barkley who on alot of lists have the most important song of the decade.



These guys actually nailed these trends...though trucker caps were always suspect in my book. If you are looking at that list and realizing you don't own anything on that list (except a trucker hat) then maybe you are finally cluing into how "un-cool" you are. Now stop buying your clothes at Walmart ;P

Top tech toys of the year? Check out this list on CNET



And to end it off how about the best all round articles I could find on The 00's

 Anyway there are some Parties that I need to be seen @ ;p
One Love.

No comments:

cloaked counter