Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Yeah Germany... And Dune (!?) and 1984



Since in the post before this I put up Jay-Z's cover of "Forever Young" I figured putting this up was the logical next step.  So... Here's the original.  Tah Dah!!  "Forever Young" folks, with the horn-like synth solo.  Alphaville put this out in 1984, and this video is also cool.  I think it looks like a remix version of David Lynch's Dune visually, but maybe I am alone in this opinion.  In order to test out your opinions (emails please) on this thought, I've also included the trailer from Dune.  If anyone actually emails us I will be somewhat surprised but, you never know.

Also, I've been posting a lot don't you think?  Other zombies?? There are a few. C'mon boys and girls.  I am simply not interesting enough to throw out three (so far) of these in two days. Also, Camel humps barely count.  Look how much I've typed! Typed damn it!  Okay its not as much as One Love.  Speaking of you, 
where are you?



(This next one is a bonus, and a zombie favorite* also by Alphaville).


Now for my crazy theory "proof"...  By the way, this weird, and I do mean weird film came out in 1984 as well. Also, this film is not exactly the best but, if you haven't seen it, do so.  I say this simply so that you too endure the bizarre ebb and flow that this film in its incredible length and bizzarity (<--- should be a word) is.  Moreso, us zombies know alllll about the "spice." In fact we are so far up the spice chain we do public service announcements regarding the ways that spice is destroying our sand covered world's morals.  This is of course while we make a killing off of selling it.  Or not... because that’s science fiction.  Or so?  See my Fnord rants.  Anyway, note the fade in and fade outs in this movie and particularly the planet emerging, which I think is similar to the diamond in Alphaville's "Forever Young."  Also Jigga walking into a glowing Roc diamond?

That might have looked banging.  

Or not...

Word..
-Schmootzie
*= just this zombie's opinion

No comments:

cloaked counter