Wednesday, January 6, 2010

2010

Happy New Year's from 바나나!

Koreans celebrate the New Year as well as the Lunar New Year (설날).  I find it interesting how consumption of different foods for NYE varies culture by culture.  Growing up- since I'm not "completely" Korean, my mother's family ate sauerkraut.  Although, traditionally it is good luck for Koreans to eat rice cakes.  What do you eat for the New Year?




Also, in Japan there is a concept called osechi ryori.  I had the privilege to try a few things while working at a Japanese restaurant on NYE.  Here is a picture I found:

Oishii!
 
Moving on...since it is a little bit into the New Year and you may have surpassed the acceptable good luck/ New Year eat-by-date I've included a picture of a puppy.




바나나

No comments:

cloaked counter