Thursday, January 14, 2010

Finally some marketing of music that makes progress.. Bravo USB Uzi!


In my typical afternoon facebook browsing (and time wasting) I saw a very interesting link posted by my friend Sean K. (thanks man!).  A hip-hop group from Los Angeles called the Get Busy Committee has made a new album named Uzi Does It, and is releasing it on a USB plug that connects to a toy uzi.  This is plain ol' cool.  It combines the interests of two types of collectors, music (ME ;P) and toys.  In other words, it is a clever and innovative way to release music that gives folks A) thier album B) a USB plug to transport information on that looks cool and C) a toy to remember it by.  All of this of course being tied into a creative cross promotion with a clothing store.


Now, I'm not a fan of firearms, particularly Uzis.  I think assault weapons are pretty much evil but I'm definitely not opening that can of worms.  In fact I've never fired and Uzi, and almost never use other guns except occasionally shooting at targets, but I must say this is pretty darn cool.  I still pay to download albums off of iTunes (regardless of what the music business thinks of it), and collect vinyl then drop it into my computer, so I am their target customer!  I am happy to say that I'd buy albums presented this format too.  In fact I think this is friggin' awesome.  Also, did I mention that cool USB plug devices are already becoming a collectable.  Bravo guys, and again thank you Sean for making me aware of this.  Read more about the album here.


The album/plug/toy.  Dope!





p.s.  This guys stuff is also dope! ;P
-Schmootzie

No comments:

cloaked counter