Tuesday, February 23, 2010

The 45 King, Swedish TV and a bit of history.



The 45 King is dope.

He is perhaps one of the best producers in the history of hip-hop, from being the brain behind big hits, to pushing the envelope of nearly everything quite successfully.  If you are a proper old school fan and vinyl collector, then you more then likely know this, if you aren't I strongly suggest that you read up on him.  I was inspired to put this up by nahright.com (big respect!) who featured this video and a couple of others.  I added my own two cents because I am a zombie and blog cribbing from color schemes to ideas isn't our style.  I also own some 45 king records so I'm a fan.  This video is about the making of Jay-Z's "Hard Knock Life" (a song he produced) and you can watch the full version here.  Peace Swedish TV.  Mer information ;P





The 45 King not only was almost copied to create DJ Kools "Let me clear my throat," and the producer of Eminems "Stan," but also remixed or produced tracks for virtually a who's who of pop music in the 90's.  He even did remixes of Madonna's stuff you'll notice by checking out his list of production credits.  He was a groundbreaker in the hip-hop world during the 80's as well.  The more I looked into him the more "wow" factors were involved.  I couldn't find any documentaries about him or his career, but you folks can reference the questionably accurate wiki, peep his personal website, browse through his albums on discogs and listen to my favorites below the videos on "How to make a beat" courtesy of what I think is his own youtube channel.  Check out his channel for the next installments.




A few gems from his catalog..  Maybe you've heard these?  ;P



^ 45 King, The 900 Number, sound familiar?


^ 45 King, Kick the ballistics,  Dope!


^ Madonna, 45 King, Keep it Together (12" extended mix), she's famous I think

Check for more of his beats here, or on his website.



Oh yeah... He can DJ a bit too ;P



word...

-Schmootzie

* I'm 99% sure that one is it, but youtube sometimes makes me wonder because the sound quality is not so good.  Drums are a give away though I think.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jay "illuminated" Z. The video was cool though

cloaked counter