Tuesday, June 1, 2010

M.I.A. versus Lynn Hirschberg


News on my mind...it's late at night...I'm hot and tired.  Too much facebook/ twitter has made me lose my writing skills- but here it is!

Lynn Hirschberg wrote a not so nice article about M.I.A. basically highlighting what I've kind of always thought about her...

M.I.A. retaliates by tweeting the journalist's phone number as if it were her own.

A few people bash Diplo as outing M.I.A. and saying he's a bitter ex-boyfriend.  I disagree, although he probably shouldn't have been so open.

Pharrell said Lynn Hirschberg is OG...that's funny. 

A lot of ppl have been commenting about M.I.A. eating truffle fries.  From what I can tell she seems ashamed...hahaha.  You know what, if you like truffle fries don't be ashamed. Also, they're not that bourgeois anyways. 

Quite frankly, I think Lynn did great journalism but the article was mind-numbing. 

I think twittering the phone number was lame and makes M.I.A. look really, really juvenile.  The media twists and contorts- get a publicist.  Learn how to soundbyte.  Duh.

M.I.A. is engaged to a very, very wealthy man and has money herself.  Instead of promoting her politics through her music, twitter, and videos she should take her money and put it into the cause.  Because guess what, some hipster in Brooklyn doesn't give a shit about Sri Lanka.  All she does is make the issue a novelty and make violence/ terrorism seem chic.  Please.

No comments:

cloaked counter