Sunday, January 31, 2010

Andre Saraiva x Fendi

Fendi commissioned Parisian graffiti artist, Andre Saraiva, to design some bags.  Found this image at Vogue Korea.  It's some fun stuff for Art Basel from my understanding.  It was part limited edition, part exhibition part interactive.  Basically Andre has done things for Louis Vuitton down to Belvedere Vodka.  Remember, the Louis Vuitton and Stephen Sprouse collabo? 



I guess Fendi is following the lead and jumping on the LV bandwagon of hiring graffiti artists.  LV is the same house that hired Kanye West to design shit too. (Keep in mind that Marc Jacobs is the creative director for LV).

I wonder what these Fendi bags went for, but if Andre is a special artist to you I suppose it would be worth it.  As far as the Stephen Sprouse stuff, I look at it now and am unimpressed.  Who is this really for?  Rich people?  Celebrities?  It has this "mass appeal," yet it is still out of reach for many people.  Even the Takashi Murakami LV bags I dislike!  It's great for the artists:  big $$$, mass recognition, minimal effort.  It's still fast fashion, a "hip" artist, a luxury leather good, and a designer label.  If I were to spend the same amount of money to personally go to the artist for a commissioned work, how would the results differ?

 
 
바나나

No comments:

cloaked counter