Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Rat-A-Fake-Tat

Ever since I was a little zombie, I envied those with tattoos.  I wanted to be covered. I wanted a boy (or girl) that was covered. They were daring. Sexy. Offensive.

Now, everyone has one or tons. I'm a rare breed to not have any.


I bet you 10 bucks that girl you checked out at the grocery has a butterfly on her somewhere. 

Even people who don't have the cliches and have real artwork don't seem all that special to me anymore. Tattoos have lost their shimmer to me. I respect and adore good tattoos, don't get me wrong. I'm into the culture. If you're seriously covered I seriously respect that. But their appeal came to me in taboo. Now they are just something to look at. Art. Nothing to hide from your parents. They probably have some too.

Over the past several years I have been watching this transition occur. Movie stars flashing their tats on the red carpet. Whole clothing lines using flash as their inspiration. I just stumbled across the worst of it. Coming soon to a Chanel near you: temporary tattoos 



In case you're too pussy to get a real one, this washes off in a few days


If you were wondering... I still choose boys and girls with tats over the clean skinned folk. It's sexy. I can't blame pop culture and fashion for picking up on that

- That Girl Em

No comments:

cloaked counter