Thursday, February 18, 2010

Big L Tribute! R.I.P. sir... May you never be forgotten.


 If you haven't heard of Big L, then go cry in the corner.  Seriously, he is one of the best mc's from New York ever.  Sadly he was taken from us fans, eleven years ago and far too soon.  Biggie and him are sorely missed and skills like theirs won't be found for quite a long time.  In my never ending hip-hop blog wandering / time wasting*  I found something that is very very cool, apparently Tony Touch did an entire show dedicated to Big L, he let DJ Premier (!!!) take over too, NICE and the nahmean.com article on it includes a radio rip. I met Big L's mom a few years ago and she was really cool, out of respect for her well-being and due to the simple facts about the music industry I hope everyone out there will purchase Big L's stuff rather then download it.


I'd suggest grabbing the rip I mentioned without the two different hour break downs off of DJ Premiers blog but the link died.  Folks gotta' grab things quick out there huh?  Either way the good stuff is up on nahmeans thing.  Also, I love listening to what DJ's all over the country are up to, especially in markets where I can't listen...  Or satellite, you know, whatever's clever.  If you work for a dope station from San Fran to Montreal to Atl. or outer space please take note of this.  You've got an untapped market, leave the ads in and please feed me.



classic..

Thank me later.. 

-schmootzie

No comments:

cloaked counter