Thursday, February 18, 2010

Erin Wasson is annoying

Every once in a while, I'll come across a magazine or newspaper article declaring some girl an "it girl."  The fashion industry, other media, and bloggers go nuts and everyone agrees that so and so is the next big thing.  For one, I can't stand the term "it girl.'  I've noticed it girls don't usually do anything- well they do several projects, such as being an ex-model, socialite, fashion designer, date someone famous, star in a music video or some artsy obscure film, or have a band.  But mostly they don't do anything all that important.  The sheep follow and so forth.  So here is the first installment of shIT girls.  One of my all time favorites, Erin Wasson.



Erin Wasson was a successful model, worked with renowned photographers, and collaborated with fashion designer Alexander Wang.  She also starred in some kind of promotional video for Justin Timberlake's clothing line.  Eventually, she parted ways with Wang and started her own fashion line.

I think she tries too hard.  She reminds me of the type of girl who was "popular in high school" and then went to college and discovered herself thus creating a new persona.  In the above youtube video, my friend and I took shots every time she said "like" and then blacked out.




A lot of her ensembles are pretty hideous.  As she declared herself, she likes homeless fashion and rock n' roll.  Well first off who doesn't like rock n' roll?!  Whatever.  I've successfully wasted my time and yours.

바나나

No comments:

cloaked counter